Happy Friday! I cannot believe how quickly this week has flown by. With New Years Day falling on a Monday, Tuesday was our first day back at work after the holiday break. Pair that with a massive snow storm shutting down the city, its certainly been an easy week back to work.
Coming back from the holidays is always pretty brutal for most of us, so having a short week to slowly get back into the swing of real life was much appreciated.
For those of you who haven’t been keeping a close eye on the weather, the northeast got a massive storm yesterday bringing in 14 inches of snow! Mauricio actually attempted to go to the office for a bit, but it was a complete fail- cars aren’t moving. Needless to say, we spent all day watching various Netflix shows while simultaneously trying to get some work in from our laptops.
Marley was in pure heaven, she loves when we are both home all day. She kept cuddling up on my chest and rubbing her face against my face. I can’t decide if shes cold and is just trying to keep warm or if she can sense the baby and is feeling more attached to me. Mauricio keeps saying “oh no, she is going to be so jealous once the baby comes!’ haha sad, but probably true. I adopted her as a kitten from a shelter that thought she was ferrel, so I’m pretty sure I’m the first real human interaction she had outside of various shelter workers.
Anyway, on to my New Years Resolutions….
- Do a daily devotional. I used to be so good about doing these every single night before bed, but the past year or so I’ve really been slacking. I truly believe that being in the word every day (even if its only a few minutes) really helps my mindset and helps me to be both a better person and a better Christian. Here is the one I’m starting – The Confident Woman.
- Go to a Pilates Class 3x/week. Prior to finding out I was pregnant, I started getting into Reformer Pilates and it truly is such an amazing workout. I’ve always been a bit of a cardio bunny so I used to poo-poo anything that didn’t involve getting extremely sweaty, but this workout is no joke. You won’t be able to sit on the toilet the next day without cringing. ha.
- Eat More Whole Foods. No, I’m not trying to lose weight, but I just feel like I’ve been eating a bit more empty calorie foods since becoming pregnant and its really not what my body thrives on. Obviously I will continue following hunger cues based on what the baby is needing, but I’m going to try to start incorporating my old ways of eating (whole foods, higher fat and lower carb typically) back into my daily routine. I’ll also be including more meal ideas on here and my Instagram stories for anyone interested. PS- if you’re not already following me my username is @aboutabbyblog
- Drink more water. This is another one I used to be really good about, but have recently been slacking. My skin and my digestion is 1000x better when I drink ample water throughout the day. One of the lesser known side effects of pregnancy is constipation (fun right?) so getting enough water is crucial for my digestion.
Here is a sneaky trick to make drinking water easier- get those crystal light pitcher packets and make a pitcher of your favorite flavor (mine is Fruit Punch) and keep it in the fridge. That way anytime you open the fridge you’ll be reminded to drink it… plus its more convenient when its already made for you and it tastes delicious.
- Be more organized. So this one is a bit more of a personal problem I deal with. I LOVE organization, but I am in no way organized. That sounds crazy right? I don’t understand it either. I love getting organizational items and seeing other peoples pictures of their organized pantries, closets, drawers, etc…. but somehow I am just NOT. Anyway, with a baby on the way, I really need to step up both my cleanliness and my organization in order to stay even the slightest bit sane.
Did you make any New Years Resolutions this year? If so, what are they?