Long gone are the days where people with
unique dietary preferences are limited to a select
few foods to choose from.
With all the gluten-free, dairy-free, hormone-free crazes,
brands have been forced to get a little more crafty in the ingredients they use.
Almost any neighborhood grocery store nowadays carries
at least 2-3 options of non-dairy milks, yogurts, cheeses, etc.
However, it seems many of the yogurt brands can’t seem to perfect
a decent greek yogurt made from nuts or soy.
I do believe there are 1 or 2 currently on the market,
but the flavor options are limited to plain or vanilla.
No worries though, here’s a super simple trick for making your own!
Forget boring plain yogurt, try out this method for creating your own!
- Non-Dairy Plain Yogurt
- Flavorings of Choice
- Mesh Strainer
- Coffee Filters
- Place Coffee Filters in Mesh Strainer (may want to use more than 1)
- Place a bowl under the Mesh Strainer for the liquid to drain in to
- Pour Yogurt into Coffee Filter/Mesh Strainer
- Place in fridge over night and let drain
- Dispose of drained liquid, transfer remaining yogurt in a bowl, add flavorings of choice and enjoy!
- PB2 (my favorite)
- Stevia (recommended)
- Protein Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Mashed Fruit
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Cacao Powder