Hi guys! I’m currently catching up on last nights episode of Big Little Lies while eating a smoothie bowl/protein icecream. Anyone else obsessed with this show? I can’t get enough of it- I love the whole vibe of how they shot it, its just so different than anything else on tv.
Anyways, I realized I haven’t done a review on what protein powders I like/what I use so I figured I’d go ahead and do that now since I’ve gotten a few questions after posting a pic to my insta-story.
I’m not going to go too in depth bc I know most people skim over it if theres too much text. I totally nerd out on all things health related though so if you have any questions regarding a specific product feel free to ask me 🙂
VegaOne is pretty much the master in this category. My favorite flavors are (in order)
- All-in-One Protein flavor Coconut-Almond
- Protein Smoothie in flavor Vanilla
- Protein Smoothie in flavor Berry
This is good for people who are lactose intolerant but don’t necessarily want a vegan protein
- ISO100 in flavor Gourmet Vanilla
- Slap Nutrition Protein in flavor Peanut Butter
- ISO100 in flavor Birthday Cake
- HydroWhey in flavor Turbo Chocolate
** Flavor not to try in ISO100 line is the Cookies n’ Cream… NOT GOOD!**
I unfortunately cannot have these because my body can’t digest Casein/Whey very well so it makes my heart race. However, for those that are not at all dairy-sensitive, these are by far the BEST proteins in terms of taste and consistency in my opinion. I have tried some of them (before realizing it was what was causing my heart palpitations) and these are the ones I can recommend.
- PEScience Select Protein in flavor Snickerdoodle — Seriously tastes AMAZING
- PEScience Select Protein Gourmet Vanilla flavor
- Quest Protein in flavor Peanut Butter (really good to bake with)
Okay so now here is how I make my protein ice-cream/shakes/smoothies –depending on which protein I use determines the consistency of it
**the casein blends will give you a thicker consistency than the others and will make it a thicker “ice-cream” the isolate will make it more of shake consistency, and the vegan protein makes more of a smoothie bowl consistency**
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 cups ice
- Stevia (or other sweetener) to taste
- Pinch of salt
Blend Blend Blend… depending on what blender you’re using you may have to tweak the recipe just slightly.
Hope you enjoy!