Hope everyone is having a good week. Sorry I’ve been slacking on posts this week, my mom and I have been packing up a bunch of my stuff and selling it/getting rid of stuff since I won’t be able to bring much with me when we move to Boston (other than my clothes, shoes, and purses of course). Well and most importantly, Marley 🙂
Okay on to my BIG HAIR TIPS 🙂
Those who know me, know I hardly ever leave the house without teasing my hair! I just love it. Even if I only give it a modest-tease, I still hardly ever wear it down just flat. Some of my sorority sisters taught me how to do it when I was a freshman and I’ve never turned back. lol. But seriously, I really do feel like it just makes your hair look so much nicer.
First off, if you’re starting with fresh out of the shower hair, round brush the top section of your hair as you blow dry it. By no means do I take the time to round brush my entire head, but I do round-brush the top section back because it just makes it look so much more voluminous before I even tease it. Which brings me to the tease….
Here are my best tips for creating the perfect tease (aka no birds nest hair)..
- Section off your hair in small layers at the crown, where ever you want the most volume to be. Backcomb the top layers with a fine-tooth comb rather than a larger bristle teasing comb. This will make the top layer look softer and less ratty.
- Hold the hair spray further away on the top layers. If you get too close you’re going to end up with a helmet head.
- As you get further back (which will end up being the bottom layers of the tease that no one can see) thats when you use the coarser teasing brush. Go to town.
- After you hair spray the teased hair (in sections) put the hair spray bottle horizontally underneath the teased section and pull the hair over top. Hold it like that for 10 seconds or so. This kind of gives the hair the structure that you want it and keeps the hold longer.
- After you’re finished teasing all of the sections you want back-combed, lightly spray with hair spray and leave it alone for 5 minutes or so before brushing it down and making it look socially acceptable. I typically look like a crazy person while I do my makeup because I tease my hair real dramatically and leave it like that to sit for a while before brushing it down. I’ve found that this makes it hold better throughout the night then if I were to brush it down immediately after teasing and hair-spraying it.
The Powder Method:
- This stuff works really well for people who just cant seem to master the tease or don’t want to. Shake a TINY amount into the sections of hair you want volume in and it instantly texturizes it. Warning though, don’t expect to leave this stuff in your hair for several days. I’d say use it on the day before you plan to wash your hair because it really does make your hair feel like there is clay or something in it. It works magic though!
Next, if the lord didn’t bless you with blake lively hair, but you don’t want to pay for beaded or tape-in extensions, don’t be ashamed to use a few clip ins…
Clip-In Hair Extensions:
- God Bless whoever created these. People poo-poo them, but they seriously do work. I wore them to both of my bridal showers and no one knew. Make sure you tease the sections of hair that you are clipping them into that way they stay securely.
- Expect to curl your hair. Hopefully this is a given, because fake hair just doesn’t look good straight.
- Curl your real hair WITH the fake hair. What I mean by this is don’t curl your real hair then put in the extensions and curl those. It blends 100x better if you clip the extensions in then curl your hair in vertical sections so that you are curling the real hair and the fake hair together. PROMISE.
Hope these help!! Anything I’ve left off??
Love, abigail kristine